Sunday, December 21, 2014

December Ipsy Review

I know there has been A LOT of complaints about Ipsy, but I just can not complain.  For only $10 a month, I still feel it is worth it.  Check it out...


What is Ipsy?
Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that offers 4 to 5 deluxe samples and full-sized products in a cute makeup bag.  They send you a mix of makeup, beauty accessories, hair, skincare, fragrance, body, and nail products.

What it costs? 
Ipsy is only $10 a month.  You can check it out and join here.

Each month comes with a card which helps show off the monthly theme.  The theme for December was Thinking of You.


First off, I was not expecting to love this months makeup bag as much as I did.  It looked much smaller than it really was.

Click to Enlarge

Bumble and Bumble Straight Blow Dry
This is one of the brands I continue to see in You Tube videos from some of my favorite beauty guros.  I was very excited to be able to try this product.  The only issue is that I rarely blow dry my hair (Yes, I know) but this will give me a reason too!

Nourish Organic Renewing Eye Cream
I have not tried this yet as I have about 50 eye creams right now! Seriously!  But, I will be using this in the future.


Pixi by Petra Fairy Dust
This is a nice "Glimmering" dust for your eyes.  It really gives off a glowing effect when using it on your eyes.  I have not tried this wet yet, but plan too.


NYX Cosmetics Butter Lip Balm
I love anything NXY, but I do wish I would have gotten this in a different color.  I like a subtle pop of color on my lips, and am interested in trying this in some other shades.


Tarte Deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 mascara
I already own this product, and am almost out so I was not too disappointed in getting another mascara.  This claims to lengthen, curl, volumize, and condition your lashes.  It is not my favorite mascara, but much better than some others I have used.

December was not amazing by any means, but for only $10 I just can not complain.  Even when I do like one or two items, I feel Ipsy still captures the $10 value.  If you think about it you pay less than $2 per item when you count the makeup bag every month.  Totally worth it even on flop months!

What do you think?  Do you want to try Ispy?  If so, join here.
  
Thumbs Up:
Monthly makeup bag
Tends to have full size products
Referral Program

Thumbs Down:
Does not seem to really go off of your beauty profile
Quickly sells out of products to use your points on

Please comment below with any comments and to show your support for Simply Kelina!
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Facebook

**Simply Kelina pays for this subscription box.  Post does contain referral links.  All opinions are unbiased and my own personal opinion.**

No comments:

Post a Comment