Friday, December 12, 2014

December 2014 Sample Society Review

I went back and forth about getting this box, but in the end they won!  Was it worth it?  Check it out here...


What is it?
Sample Society is a monthly beauty subscription from BeautyBar.com and Allure Magazine.  They advertise as of having high end samples.

What it costs?
Sample Society is $12.00 a month plus shipping.  My first box cost $16.
With each box you also get a $10 off $50 to use on any order from BeautyBar.com for the month.


Each box comes with a small card/booklet showcasing each item for that month.


RGB Nail Polish in Oxblood ($18)
I like this color!  It is a very deep red and will look great for the winter season


Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in Nude Radiance ($8)
I was not really sure what to do with this, so I did look it up online.  It is recommended to mix this with your foundation.  I was hoping this was going to be a perfume when I saw we were getting Burberry in this months box.  Oh well!

Crabtree & Evelyn Ultra Moisturizing Hand Therapy in Verbena and Lavender ($8)
Personally, I did not like the smell of this so I will be gifting this item or giving it away.  I do like the formula.


Butter London Lippy Tinted Lip Balm ($20)
I am not a fan of pink, but it is not too bad once you put it on.  I was very excited to try this, and it was one reason I decided to give this month a try!


Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Gel ($19)
So happy this was included, as I always like getting higher priced items I personally would not or could not pay for to try out!

I do not like how much shipping is.  I like the price point of $12 for this box, but I do not like that I paid over $16 with shipping.

One thing I really do like about this box is how easy it is to order and cancel.  If you do not like the sneak peaks for the upcoming month, you can cancel.  You can then easily resubscribe if you like what they will be offering the upcoming month.

Overall, I was happy with the items in this months box.  I like trying some of the more expensive brands.  Some of the items did look small, but they all offer a decent amount of product to sample once you actually take them out of the their boxes.

What do you think? Want to join? Click here!  You can also use KLK35603 if you would like to say I referred you.

Thumbs Up:
This month actually had higher priced items
Variety of Samples
Easily Cancel or resub for months you like or dislike

Thumbs Down:
Has not been consistent with value each month

Please comment below with any comments and to show your support for Simply Kelina!

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Facebook

**Simply Kelina pays for this subscription box. Links above are referral links. All opinions are unbiased and my own personal opinion.**

1 comment:

  1. Lip product alone was worth it. thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete