Sunday, August 22, 2021

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Sweet Evil (Sweet, #1)Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

I have heard mixed reviews on this series and have put off reading it for so long. I have all of the books though and decided to give it a go. I went into this with very low expectations, but ended up enjoying it more than I was expecting.
This started off pretty strong. I was actually flying through it. It did slow down towards the middle/end and was longer than it needed to be. However; I did enjoy it. Yes, this does deal with younger teens “working” around the sins of the world. Triggers for drug use and underage partying and sex. I can see why others do not like this as it does talk about forcing younger kids to have sex and touches on kids in sex slavery. I knew some of this going in though.

The reason I really enjoyed this so far, is the relationship between Anna and Kaiden. Their romance was much needed within the story and I actually wanted more. We only get limited scenes with them and it really stops once you hit the half way point.

Overall, I did enjoy this more than I was expecting and plan to continue the series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment