Sunday, August 8, 2021

Not a Happy Family by Shari Lapena

Not a Happy FamilyNot a Happy Family by Shari Lapena
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2.5/3 Stars
Shari Lapena is one of my favorite authors and a must buy from me. I was so excited to jump into this one and started it the day it came in the mail.

This starts off introducing so many characters. Different sections are told from a different character; however, once sorting out the characters it was pretty easy to follow. There were some twists and turns along the way to keep pushing through, but overall this one was just lacking. Everything was so nonchalant: around the murders, the twists, the evidence. There was no emotion around anything it was all just very stoic for me.

The ending was a little rushed and the twist was not a very large twist at all. I wanted and needed more all around on this one. So yes, I was a little disappointed as I expected more from one of my favorites. I know they can not all be amazing winners though and this one just fell flat.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment