Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Little Universes by Heather Demetrios

Little UniversesLittle Universes by Heather Demetrios
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

This was a very emotional read. If you listen to the audio, there are some very sobering parts. The narrator did a great job of matching the tone of the story.

This is not going to be a read for the light of heart. It is a story around loss, grief, and picking up the pieces. Triggers for loss, addiction, abortions, and mental health including suicide (and more). It touches on Foster Care/adoption as well. It is a great story to see how addiction effects the whole family.

This was a little too long. I think I would have bumped it up a star if some of the fluff was cut out. Some parts moved very slowly and focused too much on space and science stuff. I found myself skimming through May’s sections.

Overall, a heavy read that was pretty good.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment