Monday, August 30, 2021

Accidentally Engaged by Farah Heron

Accidentally EngagedAccidentally Engaged by Farah Heron
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

I was very excited for this one and was excited when it showed up at my door. I saw mixed reviews, but I really enjoyed it.

This is told in two parts. I found myself smiling through most of part one. I was enjoying the funny banter between Reena and Nadim. I enjoyed how they meet and how everything unfolds within their relationship.

Mental health was thrown in with very limited detail. It really did not fit in with the story and I do not think it was needed. There was also an eating disorder discussed, but again it was a very brief conversation. These were just the heavy topics that were thrown in and where not needed. They did not match the tone of the overall story.

I also did not love how paranoid Reena was based off a picture. We did not really get the information around the picture or why it was so off putting until later.

I also enjoyed all of the cultural information which also focused a lot around food. It is a nice touch for some recipes to be added at the end of the book as well. This book will make you want some fresh bread!

Overall, I still really enjoyed this light hearted romance.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment