Monday, November 17, 2014

November Ipsy Review

November has not been the best month so far for my subscription boxes...Until my Ipsy finally showed up!  Check it out...


What is Ipsy?
Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that offers 4 to 5 deluxe samples and full-sized products in a cute makeup bag.  They send you a mix of makeup, beauty accessories, hair, skincare, fragrance, body, and nail products.

What it costs? 
Ipsy is only $10 a month.  You can check it out and join here.

Each month comes with a card which helps show off the monthly theme.  The theme for November is Girl Meets Glitter.

First off, I was not expecting to love this months makeup bag as much as I did.  It was very nice quality and the glitter was not as over powering as I expected.  This is my favorite bag so far.

Click to Enlarge

Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder and Mini Fan Brush
I was excited to be able to try out a Laura Mercier product, and this did not disappoint.  I personally can not live without using a setting powder, so this was perfect for me.  My only complaint is I wish there was more!  The mini fan brush was pointless to me.


Elizabeth Mott you’re so FINE Eyeliner
I have never really tried liquid eye liner, so I was excited to get this eyeliner unlike the normal pencil types I normally get.  I was able to try this, and I liked it for when I wanted a smudge eye look (does that even make sense.)

J. Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paint
I was excited about this and thought it was going to more of a wine color, but it is a very...very red color.  It was a bit much for me, but was doable when I added a touch of a nude color over it.  


Be a Bombshell Cosmetics Eye Base in Submissive 
I Love This!  It is so pretty and works perfectly for my skin tone.  This can be used as a base, but I prefer to use this as a daily all over color.  Thank you Ipsy for actually giving up a beautiful color!

Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Hairspray 
If you follow my blog, you will already know I am not a huge fan of skin care or hair products.  I do like having one or two sample sized hair sprays on hand for traveling though.  I will defiantly adding this to my stash to use when I got out of town.

Thank you Ipsy for saving the month of November!  You have my vote so far for best subscription for the month of November!

What do you think?  Do you want to try Ispy?  If so, join here.
  
Thumbs Up:
Monthly makeup bag
Tends to have full size products
Referral Program

Thumbs Down:
Does not seem to really go off of your beauty profile

Please comment below with any comments and to show your support for Simply Kelina!
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Facebook

**Simply Kelina pays for this subscription box.  Post does contain referral links.  All opinions are unbiased and my own personal opinion.**

6 comments:

  1. I would have loved to get the Laura Mercier. I have always wanted to try that brand as well. The only similar items I got was the Be a bombshell eye base and the J Cats lip stick. Good post :)

    Shea | Mishmash-musings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right,t his is a great box. I feel like I've been reading so many disappointed ipsy subscribers

    www.mylifeonandofftheguestlist.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your post! I was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved my Ipsy this month, I even liked it more than my Birchbox and that never happens. I do agree with your thumbs down about the beauty profile...I always get hair products but I make sure not to include that in my profile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always so impressed by the amount of Laura Mercier products that can be found in the ipsy subscription. The bag definitely pays for itself, even if the other products are hit/miss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Susan. There has been a few months I have not really liked most of the items, but for only $10 it is still worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete