Sunday, November 9, 2014

Liebster Award and Nominations

I am so excited to be nominated for this blogger award from a fellow blogger.  This is a great opportunity for new bloggers like myself to be recognized.  Never heard of the Liebster Award, check it out...

Wow!  I have only been doing this for a little over two months, and I have already come a long way! I have received so much support from my friends and family and now I am starting to get support from my fellow bloggers!

I would really like to thank Jessica V., MsAdventuresinMakeup for nominating me.  Her blog is amazing.  Make sure you check out some of her posts!  I really love her writing style.  Her reference to "Friends" in one post got me right away! :)


I have seen other posts about the Liebster Award, but as a newbie, I never really knew what it was.  I decided to use the Wording Well (Thanks MsAdventuresinMakeup) to help explain the Liebster Award.

The Official Rules of the Liebster Blog Award (From the Wording Well Website):
1.  Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.)
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)

11 Facts About Myself:
1.  I just married the man of my dreams in August!  He is my rock, and best friend.  I know it sounds cheesy.  I never thought I would find someone who would treat me as great as he does.  I love him!
2.  I have two nephews who are my heart and soul.  They can make me smile no matter what has happened.  Needless to say, they have their Aunt wrapped around their fingers.
3.  I love to read, but I tend to go through reading phases.  I can read two or three books in a few days, then the phase dwindles and I do not touch a book again for months.  Then the “itch” starts up again another reading binge.  Weird…I know!
4.  I am very indecisive when it comes to day to day decisions in my personal life.  I think this is partly due to my role at work where I have to make decisions all day, everyday.  Once I get home, I have no desire to have to make decisions.  You do not want to go out to eat with me.  It literally can take over an hour or two for me to decide where to go unless someone else just makes the decision.
5.  I love shopping and I can not resist a good deal.  I hate paying full price and I am notorious for buying things I do not need.  80% off means must buy to me!  
6.  I always buy what I want.  I am almost obsessive over an item until I get it.  I may not actually buy it the day I say I want it, but normally within the next few days or weeks I will.
7.  My pet peeve is being on time!  I do not know why, but I get seriously anxious and angry when people are not on time or ready to leave when we need too.  I have to be places 10-15 minutes ahead of time or I start to panic.
8.  I am a huge basketball fan!  My love of basketball started with Michael Jordan (I am obsessed).  I also love the San Antonio Spurs! GOSPURSGO!  
9.  I have two babies, a cat named Gizzy and a dog named Duncan (after Tim Duncan from the Spurs).  They really are like our children.
10.  I am very competitive and I hate to lose.  I mean it.  I make everything a competition and I want to be the best.
11.  I am very blessed to have the best family and friends in my life.  I could not ask for a better support system. 

My Answers to Jessica V.:
1.  What is your blog about, and why did you create it?
My blog is all about reviews, shopping, deals, and subscription boxes.  Right before my wedding, I knew I needed new makeup and to start playing with different looks for my big day.  I started shopping for new makeup and enjoyed trying out all of the new products. Next came my new found relationship with You Tube.  I started watching beauty blogs and next thing you know, I was obsessed.  I found myself stating to purchase beauty hauls (I will be sharing some of these on my blog), made a makeup room, joined several product review sites, went crazy with ordering beauty subscription boxes, and now here I am!  I am starting my blog!
2.  Do your friends and family know you blog? If so, what do they think about it?
Yes, my friends and family know I am blogging.  They have been very supportive of my new venture.  Everyone has lots of questions, and are interested in starting their own blogging.
3.  How long does it take you to get ready in the morning (or in the evening, if you're not a morning person)?
This is a trick question as I am not a morning person.  If I get up and get right to getting ready, a little over an hour.  If I am being lazy, longer!
4.  What is your number one tip for other bloggers?
Have fun and only write about what you believe in.  Be honest!  People are relying on what we say more than we think or know.
5.  Is there a certain style of clothing that you wish would come back into fashion? 
I can not really think of any fashion I am missing right now.
6.  What is the number one most played song on your ipod? If you don't have an ipod, what is your favorite song of all time?
I really like Up beat songs or songs that have a great message.  I love most Country (can not think of just one song)
7.  If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Apples with Peanut butter
8.  What is something you've learned in the last week?
I am currently learning about Essential Oils and their benefits.  
9.  Aside from food, water and shelter, what is one thing you could not live without?
I hate to say it, but my cell phone and computer.
10.  If you could choose to be a certain age forever, what would it be and why?
I would have to say 30.  I know it is a little older than what some would say, but I feel it is a good age to be stable and on your feet.  
11.  What is one thing you will never do again?
I really can not think of an answer.  I know, lame!



My Nominations for the Liebster Award (These are all great blogs to follow):

Michelle from Mijo's Shout Outs

Shea with Mish-Mash Musings

Suzanne from Laughing Scholar


Crystal Marie from ScrubsandFlipFlops

Erin with Lil' Paper Crumbs

My Questions for the nominees:
1.  What made you start blogging, and what is your favorite thing about it?
2.  What are your top three must have items (Beauty, Electronics, Clothes, Anything)?
3.  What is your "guilty pleasure"?
4.  What is your favorite item or products to review on your blog?  If you do not do reviews, what would it be?
5.  What one tip would you give yourself as a new blogger if you could go back and start from the beginning? 
6.  What is your favorite quote?  (Or pick one you like if you do not have a favorite)
7.  What is your favorite time of year and why?
8.  How do you juggle your other priorities with your blogging (Work, kids, etc)?
9.  What is your favorite thing about the holiday season, besides family?
10.  What is the best new product you have tried since starting your blog?
11.  If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I hope you had fun learning a little more about me.  I can not wait to read about my nominees.  

*If you copy and paste the rules, please make sure to give credit to Lorraine at Wording Well. Thanks

Written by: Kelly (Simply Kelina)

3 comments:

  1. I love the Liebster Award! Getting to learn a bit more about a fellow blogger. :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post - I really enjoyed reading all of your answers and the facts about yourself! I can totally relate to fact #3 - I am the exact same way! I have been stuck on my current book for well over a month, which is so odd for me...I'm trying to decide if I should put it aside for now, read something else and try it again.

    ReplyDelete