Sunday, September 15, 2019

Forgotten Bones by Vivian Barz

Forgotten Bones (Dead Remaining #1)Forgotten Bones by Vivian Barz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

When this was sent to me I put it to the side thinking it was one that I was most likely not going to pick up. I am so glad I gave this a chance. I would have finished this in one sitting if I did not start it at night. The story itself was addicting.

This is not a fast paced thriller, but it will keep you guessing from the very first pages. It is more of “what is happening” thriller than a heart pounding one. I liked it though as it kept my attention until the end. The ending lost me a little bit. There was just never that moment that took it over the top. It was pretty predictable and not climatic enough for me.
This is told within dual narration between Susan and Eric. I was wondering how the stories were going to come together. I like Eric and his back story around his brother and his wife. He is diagnosed with Schizophrenia, but is able to live a pretty normal life. His storyline was a little more interesting than Susan. Susan is a detective so that makes sense as that is not my favorite type of character to read about. I also did not feel the romance brought anything to the story (and that is coming from a romance lover).

I can also see where others will see this story as problematic. The characters make statements around mental health such as those being psycho, living on the streets, and smelling. Just an FYi if you do not like that kind of thing,

This also has a paranormal aspect involving ghosts. I did not think I was going to like those parts, but they really worked. They brought a creepy factor to the story. I actually wanted a little more of this.

Some parts of this story just hit service level and I wanted more.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment