Friday, September 6, 2019

Birthday Girl by Penelope Douglas

Birthday GirlBirthday Girl by Penelope Douglas
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Everyone has been recommending this one, so I finally decided to give it a go. Unfortunately, I just cannot seem to connect with Penelope Douglas and her stories. This is the third book I have tried and just did not love. I ended up DNF this one, but read enough to have an opinion.

I actually really loved how this started off. I love that it was a little slower and we were getting to know the characters before all of the romance began. However; it then ended up being a little too slow and repetitive for me. This was way longer than it needed to be.

I was also enjoying the side stories and struggle Jordan was facing. This had everything I would normally love in a story. I personally did not care that there was an age gap. That did not bother me. I do feel like at times Pike was acting more as a father figure than a love interest. I did not find every scene hot and lusty. Again, something was just not clicking for me.

I made it pretty far into this one before I decided to just call it quits. I may pick up from where I left off later.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment