Monday, November 29, 2021

The Way We Fall by Cassia Leo

The Way We Fall (The Story of Us, #1)The Way We Fall by Cassia Leo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a very quick read. I started it one night and finished it on audio the next day. Triggers for suicide, mental health, cheating, sexual abuse/perpetrator, mental health, fake pregnancy, abortion, and more.
This is told in two parts. Part one is really setting up everything that is happening and getting to know both Houston and Rory. We get back and forth chapters from their perspectives from both the now and then. I wanted a little more with their chemistry. The past included mostly fighting and grief. It makes sense as you read, but I still wanted to see the angst more between the two both before and after.

I did not like the storyline involving the wife of Houston. She was manipulating him on many levels including around what happened with his sister.

I also did not love the reveal of the letter and all it laid out around Hallie. I just did not like that twist.

I did like how everything wrapped up on this one though and look forward to reading more from this author in the future.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment