Wednesday, November 24, 2021

God Bless This Mess: Learning to Live and Love Through Life's Best (and Worst) Moments by Hannah Brown

God Bless This Mess: Learning to Live and Love Through Life's Best (and Worst) MomentsGod Bless This Mess: Learning to Live and Love Through Life's Best (and Worst) Moments by Hannah Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is not going to be for everyone, but I am a huge fan of Hannah Brown so I was excited to read this. I also like that she is the narrator for the audiobook.

I liked learning a little more about her when she was younger. The stories around her family were heartbreaking. I did not know some of what happened to her Aunt and cousins when she was little.

I really have not watched the Bachelor series the last few years, but I liked hearing a little behind the scenes from her seasons. Yes, there was some fun stories and some “tea”, but do not expect the whole book to be around this. It is around Hannah herself and this was one stepping stone in her journey. It is not the main focus of the book. I found almost everything talked about was used was talked about for the pre-lease of the book.

Hannah has always been open around her faith, and she does talk a lot around that throughout the book. I appreciated that she stayed true to herself and left all of that in.

Some of the body image issues, acne, and other stuff has been talked about on her YouTube channel. Other stuff was new. I enjoyed the balance of both for those of us who already follow her on social media.

I was surprised that she did not talk about Adam at all. I am not sure if she wrote this prior to their relationship, but I would have liked to hear a little more around that.

Overall, I enjoyed this for what it is.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment