Tuesday, November 2, 2021

The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang

The Heart Principle (The Kiss Quotient, #3)The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was expecting a lot more out of this one. I did enjoy it, but just not as much as the first two books in the series.

First off, this read much more women’s fiction with some steamy scenes thrown in. I never really connected with the romance between Anna and Quan. There were very limited scenes around their connection and most of the scenes revolved around sex. I just wanted to see more with their relationship.
This was more around Anna and her story about finding her own self and her own voice. Yes, this was sad as she is taking care of a sick father. I went through a similar situation of watching my own father pass away with Hospice in place when I was younger so I really did connect with these parts of the story. I was expecting this to be more emotional than it was though even though these situations normally tear me apart. I think we moved on from it all too fast.

I just did not love this. It just needed more for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment