Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Unguarded by Scottie Pippen

UnguardedUnguarded by Scottie Pippen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

I have always been a fan of the Bulls, especially Pippen and Jordan. If you were worried about reading this based on the pre-release press, I recommend still giving it a try. There is a lot of context around what came out for the release of this book. It was not as it was made out to be.
I did like leaning a little more around Scottie and his family. I did not know all of the information around his childhood. I would have liked more of this than recapping his stats.

Scottie talked more around his stats and previous games. Talking about previous games was fine, but he did not add anything into these conversations that many would not already know. I would have liked a little more around himself. There were some tidbits thrown in that I was not aware of though and I enjoyed those parts.

There is a lot of talk around previous players and teammates. I am happy that I know who all these players were/are as it made it more interesting to read.

I was expecting much more bashing around Michael Jordan. However; most of his stories actually contradicted many of his negative statements around Jordan that you may have seen in the media. It was a little confusing and again, I think, a way to gain interest in reading his story for the release. As the stories continued, the more he talked positively around MJ, his relationship with him, and what he did for the game. He maintained that they were not super close, but had a friendship. It was just not as others perceived or as strong as others thought it would be.

Overall, I enjoyed this for what it was and the nostalgia that it brought around my favorite time in the NBA. It was much more game by game recapping than anything though. If you are a fan of Scottie Pippen or the 90’s Bulls, I think you will like it. It is not the drama that it appeared it was going to be and I was happy about that.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment