Tuesday, November 9, 2021

The Wrong Heart by Jennifer Hartmann

The Wrong HeartThe Wrong Heart by Jennifer Hartmann
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Triggers for child abuse, trauma, death, and suicide.

This story is very emotional right from the very first chapter. I found myself crying several times during the first half. I really loved the start to this one. However; the middle dragged a little for me. It was a little too long with too much back and forth of the same things happening.

I also did not love how inconsistent Melody was with Parker. I understand she was also dealing with grief and the guilt from moving on, but she would be devasted for taking a step with Parker and then get upset with him when he would back off based on her own actions.

There were some tropes thrown in that were almost skimmed over such as the miscarriage. It was never spoke about again and was actually a very emotional scene in the story.

Overall, I did enjoy this one but did not love it as much as I was hoping based on it being such an emotional read (they are my favorite). I do want to check out more from the author though.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment