Thursday, September 16, 2021

Stay With Me by Nicole Fiorina

Stay With Me (Stay with Me, #1)Stay With Me by Nicole Fiorina
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am a little torn on my rating for this one. When it first started, I was devouring it. It was so different than I was expecting and I loved how our characters were all older.

This does deal with some very intense topics including mental health, rape, and sexual abuse. Most of the characters are dealing with trauma and it does come out as you read. I really liked the vulnerable parts when we would learn more around each person. However; we really did not get much except around Mia and Ollie.

This really slowed down for me though. I found the games between the friends to be repetitive and dragging the story. Everyone is at Dolor for something and I would have liked to see a little more of that represented. There was not enough happening in the middle to keep my interest and I found myself skimming as I did still want to find out what happens.

This really does pick up towards the end though. We have some twists thrown in that I did not see coming.

Overall, this was ok but I was expecting much more. I was expecting it to be very emotional and even though it does deal with dark topics, it did not grab on to my heart strings like I wanted it too. I would continue on with the series if it ever came to audio, but not sure I would pick up the rest for physical reads.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment