Thursday, September 2, 2021

First Love, Take Two by Sajni Patel

First Love, Take Two (The Trouble with Hating You, #2)First Love, Take Two by Sajni Patel
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

Triggers for mental health, pregnancy loss, and racism.

I was a little lost at first with this one. So many things are brought up like we should know about it. Characters, relationships, and incidents were thrown at you when you had no clue what they were talking about. It has been a while since I read the first book in this series, but I do not remember any of this being in that book either.

I loved the first reunion between Preeti and Daniel. I love the situation they find themselves in as they are reunited after six years. It is very clear how both of them still love each other. I love their banter and how Daniel is always there for Preeti.

This does have a lot to do with cultural expectations when it comes to dating within your same race and dating in general. I love how Preeti stands up for herself, her family, and Daniel in the end.

This was a little slow moving. I did find myself cheering for Preeti and Daniel to be together. I do feel the romance was not the forefront of this story though. I wanted more with them as I really loved the two of them.

Overall, I was a little disappointed with this one. When it started I thought it was going to be a solid 4/5 stars, but as the story continued it dragged just a little too much. I wanted more romance.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment