Saturday, September 25, 2021

Dynasty by Sheridan Anne

Dynasty (Boys of Winter #1)Dynasty by Sheridan Anne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been wanting to read something from Sheridan Anne for a while now as several of her series have been on my wish list. I was so excited to jump into The Boys of Winter series as I have heard so many amazing things. I was not disappointed.

This is unlike anything I have ever read before. It is not going to be for the weak of heart. If you also do not love multiple love interests, this will not be for you.

Winter is 17 and in Foster Care. I am pretty critical when a story involves foster care since I have worked within the field for the last fifteen years. I hated that she has shitty foster parents, but I also understand it is needed as part of the story. It was something that pulled me in right from the beginning regardless.

I flew through this and listened to the audiobook in one sitting. I just could not stop listening. I am not a huge fan of Secret Society reads, but this one just had so much going on that it made you want to keep listening.

I was not expecting some of the turns this took and it took a lot of different dark turns. I think I would have bumped this up even more if this was not high school students. Some of their actions just did not match anything close to their ages. I almost forgot at times that they were all still in HS.

Are we supposed to have a favorite? Winter does not have a favorite? Ok, if I had to choose I am team Carver. I do see this sadly going in a very bad direction and the guys turning on each other later in the series. I do not see what is going on being long term.

This does leave in a cliff hanger and will leaving you wanting book two. Overall, I really liked it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment