Monday, April 20, 2020

A Witch in Time by Constance Sayers

A Witch in TimeA Witch in Time by Constance Sayers
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

This does deal with triggers such as rape, sex, abortion, demons, and more.

This is told between present and past times. I was really enjoying the past chapters more so than the present at first. When the story jumps to another time, I started to lose a little interest. It was interesting, but nothing was really happening to keep my attention. I needed something more! The middle was just too slow and I found myself skipping to the present chapters to find out how everything was going to unfold.

I was expecting Helen to have more magic or have something happen. This is really just Helen looking back at her life to figure out what has happened. There is little to no actual magic, very little around the demon, and very little around the supernatural aspects to the story.

Overall, this was ok. It was just missing that extra something for me.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment