Wednesday, August 14, 2019

The Art of Losing by Lizzy Mason

The Art of LosingThe Art of Losing by Lizzy Mason
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

This starts off pretty quickly with Audrey being in a coma (not a spoiler as it is right in the synopsis). There is not much build up or information to what happened until you start reading more. It was really sad right off the bat, but it does not stay on that same track for most of the story.

This story does deal with substance abuse and addiction issues. I really like that discusses the importance of therapy and relapse when dealing with some of the issues our characters are facing. We do not always see those aspects in a positive light, so it was great to see the author add these tools to the story.

Like I mentioned, the beginning was really sad but I wanted more around the emotional pull throughout the story. I just did not get that as much as I wanted too. Do not get me wrong, I was still enjoying the story for what it is. I was just expecting to be crying my eyes out based on the beginning premise.

Overall, still a really great read with some really great discussion topics around substance abuse and addiction.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment