Sunday, August 4, 2019

An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena

An Unwanted GuestAn Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars
I have really enjoyed the previous works by Shari Lapena, and will most likely read everything she comes out with. This was not my favorite of hers, but I still really enjoyed it.

There were too many characters thrown your way right off the bat. I think we were introduced to nine different characters within the first few pages. I had to write them all down to keep track of who we were meeting so I would be able to keep them all straight. You really need to pay attention as each plays a role in the story. Once I got into the story I had no issues keeping track of everyone though.

I loved the build up of the story and the little (or big) things that come out about all of the characters as you try to figure out Who Did It? I was not a huge fan of the big reveal but that is more of a personal thing than anything wrong with the story itself.

Overall, this one was still pretty good though. I did not see every twist and turn coming, and I still enjoyed the authors storytelling.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment