Thursday, August 15, 2019

State of Lies by Siri Mitchell

State of LiesState of Lies by Siri Mitchell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I was sent this book for a blog/instagram tour. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

Based on the cover I was expecting some type of political thriller and I was right. I will get back to that in a minute.

When this started, I was hooked! I actually read this in one sitting as I could not put it down. I really loved the beginning and would probably give this five stars based on that part of the story. I loved the mystery/thriller aspects as well as I was turning the pages to find out what would happen. I more so wanted to know how everything was going to unfold in the end.

I was not a huge fan of all the political and War talk. Some of it went over my head and I really had no clue what Georgie was really discovering. I liked the little details around her trying to unfold the information, I just could care less about what was really going on. I know that may sound like I did not like the story then, but I was still loving it.

There were new things being thrown our way throughout to keep your interest. Some of what happens was predictable where I did not see other details coming. The ending was much better than I was expecting too!

Overall, this was still really good and I highly recommend it whether you like political thrillers or not.


View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I’m so glad you enjoyed this! Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

    ReplyDelete