Thursday, August 29, 2019

Black Blue: Love, Sports and the Art of Empowerment by Andra Douglas

Black  Blue: Love, Sports and the Art of EmpowermentBlack Blue: Love, Sports and the Art of Empowerment by Andra Douglas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

I am an avid sports lover. Growing up I was always the girl who was hanging out with the guys watching the basketball or hockey games. Thankfully, I was able to play the sport I loved and did not have to face most of the issues that Christine has to face. I know this is around football, but my point is I really connected with Christine and her story. I really loved her journey and recommend everyone give this a try. It is a story that will stay with you even after you finish it.

This is a coming of age story and about Christine finding herself in a world that wants to put stipulations on her dreams. At times this was funny and others will break your heart. It is not the picture perfect look into different issues, but real life. It is about making your dreams come true and knowing you can do anything you want to do.

Overall, I really enjoyed this and look forward to seeing what Andra Douglas brings us in the future.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment