Sunday, August 18, 2019

Last Girl Lied To by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn

Last Girl Lied ToLast Girl Lied To by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am really torn on this one. It was a really quick read and it held my attention. However; there were some things I was just over as I was reading.

This is definitely an unrealistic mystery. Some of the things did not add up for teens in high school. I still wanted to see how everything would unfold and why it was all happening in the first place though.

Let’s talk about the body shaming in this book. This deals A LOT with body image. Every other paragraph is Fiona talking about how fat she is or body shaming herself. I do like that the boys still liked her and did not see her in the same light, but it was so overdone! It was too much! It could have been effective if it was toned down a little. I do think it hits the mark on how some teenagers may feel, but it almost overtook other parts of the story.

Overall, it was good but did not blow me away.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment