Sunday, May 10, 2020

This is My Brain in Love by I.W. Gregorio

This is My Brain in LoveThis is My Brain in Love by I.W. Gregorio
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was expecting this to a be hard hitting young adult contemporary. It was some in some ways and not in others. This does have triggers for forbidden love, mental health including stigmas around mental health, and racism.

The first half of this story was pretty cute. Jocelyn is really trying to save her family restaurant and brings in Will to help. We get a lot around the restaurant the first half of the story. Honestly, not much really happened and I found myself skimming towards the end. We do not really hit anything around mental health until 2/3 into the story. I did not really like this. There was nothing leading up to introducing mental health into the story, and all of a sudden most of the characters were dealing with it. I wish we could see more into the struggles with Will and Jocelyn. It covers anxiety and depression, but you never really see them dealing with any of this until towards the very end of the story.

Overall, this one was only ok for me.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment