Wednesday, May 20, 2020

The View from Alameda Island by Robyn Carr

The View from Alameda IslandThe View from Alameda Island by Robyn Carr
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

This may have been my favorite Robyn Carr read yet.

This does have triggers for abuse and family violence. This really hits on emotional, psychological, and physical abuse. You get a lot more manipulation and emotional abuse which I really enjoyed seeing as most stories will only focus on the physical abuse. I think it is great to bring awareness to other types of domestic violence as so many only think it means physical.

I could have done without the extra romance with the other couple (I will not spoil who it involved). I just did not care about this one and almost wanted to skim through these sections. They really had nothing to do with anything going on.

This also went a little far-fetched when bombs and such came into play.

Overall, this was a really fast read though and I enjoyed it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment