Wednesday, May 13, 2020

In Another Life by C.C. Hunter

In Another LifeIn Another Life by C.C. Hunter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

I am a huge C.C. Hunter fan and was so excited for this one. I went into this blind, and I definitely recommend going in with knowing as little as possible. I enjoyed that this had a little bit of a mystery/suspense and romance. I am a little torn on my feelings though.

This story does deal with some heavier topics. Our main character each are facing their own issues as Chloe was adopted at the age of three and Cash is currently in Foster Care. This also deals with triggers around kidnapping, abuse, foster care, divorce, mental health, and drug abuse.

I am pretty critical when it comes to stories around children in foster care as this centers around my profession. I loved how Cash was in a very loving and accepting home. I would have liked to see a different ending for Cash though. I think there could be a whole book just about him and his struggles growing up the way he did. There were some statements that made me cringe a little when talking about the stigmas around children in foster care as well and how Cash seen himself due to these stigmas.

The romance was pretty cute between Cash and Chloe. This started off very juvenile and really reads as young adult. It picked up after a while though and I feel the characters acted more of their age. Both Chloe and Cash are almost 18, but in the beginning you would think they were much younger.

The mystery aspect was very out there. I enjoyed what the mystery was around, but it went a little over the top with a really quick resolution. I would have liked more around how it all wrapped up.

Overall, I enjoyed this one for what it was and read it in one sitting. It was not my favorite from the author, but still an enjoyable read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment