Friday, May 1, 2020

The Burning Shadow by Jennifer L. Armentrout

The Burning Shadow (Origin, #2)The Burning Shadow by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the second book in the Origin series. I do not recommend reading this as a standalone, as this picks up right from where we leave off in The Darkest Star. This does mention characters and things that happened during the Lux series as well.

One thing that I really loved about this one was the romance. There was so much more between Luc and Evie than what we got in book one. Book one was introducing their relationship and friendship. We get a lot more of the two together in this one. I personally loved that since I am a romance lover.

I like that we get past characters back again from the Lux series. I still would love a little more with their involvement. I do feel it is coming though based on where book two was going.

My only complaint is that this was a little too long. I think some things could have been cut down or not even put it in at all.

Overall, I still enjoyed this! I cannot wait for The Brightest Night.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment