Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Magnolia Parks by Jessa Hastings

Magnolia Parks (Magnolia Parks Universe, #1)Magnolia Parks by Jessa Hastings
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2.5 Stars

I wanted to love this one, but I just did not. Everyone and anyone is raving about this. I did push through as I was just waiting for that one moment where maybe I would fall in love with the story and the characters.

This reads very juvenile, but does have some triggers for a toxic relationship as well as drug abuse and overdose. Our main characters are in their early to mid twenties for the most part, but it felt much more High School behaviors. Every other chapter was repetitive with BJ getting caught by Parks doing something that upset her. This was every chapter. She would cry and they would yell and then do it again. It would have been fine if that was not the whole book.

The mystery behind who BJ hooked up was easy to pin down early on as well.

Can we talk about Tom? I need a redemption for him!

I put this down more times than I can count, but I did finish it. I liked the side characters much more and I may or may not pick up the next book just since I am not invested in the story. However; I just do not understand what I am missing overall on this one as it just missed the mark for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment