Friday, February 24, 2023

28 Summers by Elin Hilderbrand

28 Summers28 Summers by Elin Hilderbrand
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I am not one to pick up much from this author these days as I just have not fallen in love with any of the books I have read yet. I was hesitant to give this one a try, but a friend had been begging me too and told me it would break my heart. I love a good cry in a book, so I picked it up.

First off, do not pick this up if you have any issues with infidelity. This whole story is around that. This really did not put me off as much as the reasoning why the couple would not just be together. They were so in love the whole time and it made no sense why they would not just leave the ones they were with and be together. I know Jake feels he owes it to his sister, but I feel it was not holding him to his relationship as much as it really was. This was annoying to me any why I could not get over this part of the story as far as them not just being together.

My other issue is that this was so boring. There was nothing really happening to keep my attention throughout the summers. I did not care about what was going on in their separate lives especially since most of it had nothing to do when the two of them being together.

The ending! I kept pushing through hoping that the ending would tear me apart though. Is that all we get for the ending? I was so disappointed and even said out loud "that is it!"

Sadly, this one was not for me at all.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment