Saturday, July 13, 2019

One Little Secret by Cate Holahan

One Little SecretOne Little Secret by Cate Holahan
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This story immediately caught my attention as it started off with an investigation into a sexual assault and a murder. I was very intrigued within the prologue and first chapter to see where this would go next. It did veer off a little different than expected after that and I was ready for it to be over. I thought about DNFing several times.

You will be introduced very quickly to several characters (the main characters, their children, their significant others). I had to take a step back and get everyone straight. I had a hard time keeping track of all of the characters throughout the story as there was really nothing distinguishable about them. This also jumps from different times in the story which I normally am not a fan of. It did not bother me too much in this one, but I still just never seemed to care what was going on.

This really reminded me of Big Little Lies, so I think you would like this if you liked that. There is a lot of drama. The story jumps from time and place as you are learning what happened while the couples were at the beach house.

Overall, this just did not work for me.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Very informative and useful historical post. I see you have a lot of other cool stuff available at your website, simply bookmarking it to check in spare time. Thanks and keep the good work up.

    Sorrelli Jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing a great information and useful. it really necessary and timely for me at this time. I've read a lot of blogs and visit but they made me feel boring. Your article made me feel strange and fascinating it attracted me. I wanted to share this information with my friends on the social network facebook.!

    Sympli

    ReplyDelete