Saturday, October 6, 2018

Shelter of the Most High by Connilyn Cossette Review

Shelter of the Most High (Cities of Refuge, #2)Shelter of the Most High by Connilyn Cossette
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am a huge Christian fiction and historical fiction fan, but I am not sure if I actually read any biblical fiction prior to Shelter of the Most High by Connilyn Cossette. I was excited to give this one a try.

I almost gave up on this one (it was me, not the story) and I am glad I did not. I picked this up, read the first page and put it down. I later picked it up again and only made it through the first chapters before putting it down again. I finally looked at it and said I needed to give it a chance. This was in part of being in a reading slump, and not from the book itself though. Once I finally picked up and pushed through I ended up really enjoying this one.

This is actually the second book in the Cities of Refuge series, but it can be read as a standalone. I never felt distant from the characters or the story from not reading book one. I have seen others mention how amazing book one is though, and I prefer starting series from the beginning.

There was so much going on with twists along the way to keep your interest. I really enjoyed the writing style as the author brings you along through this journey. I actually would like to check out more of her work based on her beautiful writing.

Overall, I really enjoyed this and am happy I gave it a chance.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment