Thursday, May 20, 2021

The Newcomer by Mary Kay Andrews

The NewcomerThe Newcomer by Mary Kay Andrews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

Do not let the cover fool you on this one. I was expecting a swoony beach read, but this was anything but. This is really a mystery dealing with a murder and a family on the run. It has a little bit of everything.
I really enjoyed the audiobook on this one. The narrator did a great job bringing Maya to life.

This one pulled me in from the start. I really wanted to find out what happened to Tanya. This did get a little slow in the middle but I still enjoyed it. I do think there was a little too much added in as I do not think we needed most of the side stories. I would have liked the story to stick to Evan and made that a little more climatic when everything came together. I feel the focus was really taken off how creepy and mean he was and turned to a different character. I wish the other character would not have been involved.

Overall though, I did enjoy this one.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment