Thursday, October 1, 2020

The Return by Nicholas Sparks

The ReturnThe Return by Nicholas Sparks
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2.5 Stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

Nicholas Sparks really helped when it comes to my love of reading. His last few books have missed the mark for me, but I will still read anything he puts out. I was super excited for The Return and read it the day it released. Sadly, this one just did not live up to what I expect from him either.

This had way too much dialogue. The story was just dragging along. I was not connecting with anything going on and nothing was keeping my interest. I ended up skimming some of the chapters to see if the story would pick up a little.

This was almost two stories in one. I wish it would have followed Callie from the start. I was lost and bored with Trevor and the bee stories. It did not bring anything to the story and took too long to get to the meat of everything. I really started to get interested when the story with Callie started to develop.

Overall, I am glad I pushed through this one as the last ¾ of the book was much better. I would have DNF this if it was any other author though. I would give the first half two stars and the second half three stars.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment