Tuesday, October 13, 2020

The Haunting of Brynn Wilder by Wendy Webb

The Haunting of Brynn WilderThe Haunting of Brynn Wilder by Wendy Webb
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

I was excited to get the audiobook for this one. The narrator has a very raspy voice that did bring a great feel to the story. I do wish there were some more variations when voicing some of the males as it was hard to follow when they were all together. Otherwise, the narration is great on this one. Her voice really made you feel during the emotional parts of the story.

I am a little confused on this one though. I was expecting a gothic thriller, but this was more a story around love and grief.

When this initially started, I was instantly intrigued. You start to get to know the characters.
This does have triggers for a loss of a loved one, Alzheimer’s, and cancer. I was really drawn into the emotional side of this story as you learn more about them and their pasts. However; I was not expecting most of the story to follow long this path.

The mystery was pretty slow. There are only a few things thrown in here and there around anything spooky or mysterious happening. At first, these scenes really kept my interest and my want to read. After half of the book though, I did find the story dragging a little. I needed more to happen and started to lose interest.

Sadly, I kept wanting to DNF this one but pushed through hoping it would pick up. I think I would have enjoyed this one much more if I was not expecting a spooky read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment