Sunday, July 19, 2020

What You Wish For by Katherine Center

What You Wish ForWhat You Wish For by Katherine Center
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

I have always wanted to read a book from Katherine Center as I have heard great things about her previous works. Sadly, this one did not work for me.
I absolutely loved the beginning of this story when we first get introduced to Samantha and her life. I was hooked and thought I was going to fly through this. Sadly, this one lost me after the introduction scenes.

This does deal with adults, but it was very YA to be in how the characters were acting. I did not think it made any sense how Samantha fell so in love with Duncan when he did not even know her. Again, this was more of a younger character story for me. She ended up leaving her job and moving away to nothing over a guy who did not know her.

Once Duncan arrives to her new school, of all places, the story still did not pick up for me. It was slow and there were too many details that I just did not care about. I found myself a little bored and skimming to find out what happened.

I will still try some other work from the author as others seem to feel the same way about this one.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment