Thursday, July 9, 2020

The Trouble with Hating You by Sajni Patel

The Trouble with Hating YouThe Trouble with Hating You by Sajni Patel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 Stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

I actually picked this one up a while back prior to the release. I was really enjoying it, but was just not in a reading mood. I am so glad I picked this one back up. I cannot believe that this was the authors debut novel!

I really loved learning more around the Indian culture. We get to see several sides within the culture from both families.

This does start off with parents who are trying to arrange a marriage for their child, Liya. I loved how Liya did not want to just accept some of her cultural expectations and fought for what she wanted for her own life.

If you love hate to love romances, I definitely recommend checking this one out. I really enjoyed how Jay and Liya meet and how they have several encounters before a romance begins to build.

This also deals with some heavier topics such sexual abuse. Jay is also dealing with some past trauma. Liya really has her walls up but Jay really sticks by her side which I loved. The sexual abuse did not wrap up the way I would have liked, but the author still did a good job ensuring support for Liya was in place and ensuring she was not left feeling responsible for what happened to her.

Overall, I really enjoyed this one!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment