Sunday, July 5, 2020

Head Over Heels by Hannah Orenstein

Head Over HeelsHead Over Heels by Hannah Orenstein
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

I was really excited for this one as I really love a good rom-com. I would say if you love gymnastics, then you will love this one. If you are looking for a rom com and romance, this one is lacking in those aspects. It also reads very young adult to me more so than adult.

There is actually almost little to no romance. There is a relationship developing between Avery and Ryan, but it is not the forefront to the story. It really does not even come into play into well over a 100 pages or so in. I wanted more from this aspect of the story.

I was a little disappointed that this went into the sexual abuse story surrounding gymnastics. I feel every single gymnastic read now how this storyline. I am not saying that we do not need to talk about this, but this was almost a re-telling of what happened in USA gymnastics around sexual abuse. I was not expecting this to focus more so on sexual abuse and mental health, but it did much more than being a rom com at all.

This is very heavily gymnastic focused. You will learn about routines and such and really get into the sport. There was not much going on to keep my interest. I hate to say it, but I was pretty bored most of the time.

Overall, this was not what I was expecting at all and was not for me.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment