Wednesday, July 29, 2020

The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager

The Last Time I LiedThe Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I am pretty torn with this one. When it first started, I was really enjoying everything about this. I am not a huge fan of books that jump from one time frame to another, but worked well when jumping 15 years ago and back to the present.
This started to lose me in the second half. I had some pacing issues. Right when you should be getting to the peak of the mystery, this dragged on and on. There were so many added details that just took away from the excitement of what was happening. They really did do anything for the twists and turns to the story or even to the current things happening. I also found since so many things were being thrown in, that is got a little confusing. I had no clue what one thing had to do with another at times.

This one had potential, but just shifted to being ok.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment