Wednesday, October 25, 2023

The Woman in Me by Britney Spears

The Woman in MeThe Woman in Me by Britney Spears
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was and still am a Britney fan. I went into this not knowing if this was really Britney telling her story or someone else for a money grab. I think it was a mixture of both.

Britney does not narrate the audiobook. I know most people do when they have a memoir. She does start off the book saying it was traumatic for her and does read a page or two. Then it moves on to someone else. I do wish we heard the whole story from her though, but the narrator did a great job bringing the emotion to her story.

Most of the information was already leaked or a promotion prior to the book being released. You do learn a little more around how Britney was feeling during some events which was nice. I think she does a good job trying to describe the grief and heartache she was facing with all the custody issues with her boys. It makes your heart break even more for her. Even though we have seen documentaries, this will still also make you mad around the paparazzi and the lengths they will go to for a moment/picture.

The conservatorship parts were heartbreaking. Britney was in a cage. It is all so disgusting what they did to her. This is where we learn more than we previously knew. These parts made me want to cry.

Overall, I think she did a great job bringing her feelings into everything about her life. Looking back, I think we all forget how young Britney was when all this happened and continues to happen. Was this the most mind blowing read? No! But I am glad that I read it and glad she is being able to tell her OWN story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment