Monday, October 23, 2023

The Wishing Game by Meg Shaffer

The Wishing GameThe Wishing Game by Meg Shaffer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Triggers for abuse, addiction, loss of a loved one, and more. There is not much detail around any of this, but it is mentioned and common theme in the story.

This is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but instead of long awaited candy it revolves around a new published book. Several characters are invited on House Island to play a game in which they can win the ownership of the new book. All of the characters have some past childhood/current trauma.

This was a little slow to start. It was not something I would have normally kept reading, but the stories behind the story is what kept my attention. I loved the Lucy and Christopher story so much and even cried tears of joy at one point. Their story is what had me telling my husband about this book as well which makes me want to make it a 5 star since it is one that I want to tell others about.

Overall, I really enjoyed this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment