Wednesday, November 8, 2023

When Ashes Fall by Marni Mann

When Ashes Fall (Moments in Boston, #1)When Ashes Fall by Marni Mann
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is my first Marni Mann read! She is an author that has been on my TBR for years. I also did not know where to start, but I saw so many recommendations for this series so I was excited to see what it was about. I went in blind.

Triggers for mental health, loss, mass trauma, and substance abuse.

I really liked this. I do feel some tropes were thrown in and they were just not needed. The substance abuse with the characters Mom was not flushed out and just thrown in. I thought it was going to set up for another emotional moment and it went nowhere. I do not think it was needed.

I just wanted more. It was sad, but not cry my eyes out sad since you knew what was happening for the most part.

We get a lot more around the past relationship and I wanted more around the current.

Overall, this was a good read but I was expecting a little more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment