Thursday, September 14, 2023

Long Shot by Kennedy Ryan

Long Shot (Hoops, #1)Long Shot by Kennedy Ryan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“I’ll play you at the five.”

Triggers for post-partum depression. Scenes with descriptive domestic violence including physical, emotional, and rape. This is not going to be for everyone, but I loved it. Be mindful the original cover does not reflect the story within besides involving basketball players.

This has been on my TBR for years! I kept pushing it off. When I saw my library had the audio on Libby, I had to snatch it up.

This started off like many sports romances and I was a little turned off with the characters meeting instantly. However; I highly recommend pushing past this as this will take a very different direction than you initially think. I was a little annoyed that Iris was putting August instantly over a boyfriend of over a year from one night of talking. I was glad they take a step back and not thrown together that night. They do not end up together quickly at all even if there is insta-love.

This story made me feel so many emotions. I was sad, I was mad, I was crying during happy moments. I love stories that can bring so many different reactions.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment