Saturday, April 2, 2022

The Perfect Child by Lucinda Berry

The Perfect ChildThe Perfect Child by Lucinda Berry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was immediately interested in this one as it started off with child abuse and infertility issues. I have worked within a field that deals with child abuse for fifteen years and have also been trying to have kids for around the same amount of time. I was instantly taken in by the story.

I will say that this is a great read to see the reality of taking in a child with past trauma and abuse. Yes, this one takes it to the extreme, but it is realistic in many of the behaviors displayed from Janie.
The ending was less than desired though. I wanted and needed more of a conclusion. It just ends with so many questions. Janie is just left off at the end as well.

Overall though, a quick and intense read. I liked it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment