Tuesday, February 5, 2019

The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

Every now and then I am in the mood for a great fantasy. I went into this with low expectations and ended up really enjoying it.

I do agree with others when they say that majority of this is developing the world. I appreciated that though as I was able to figure out different things going on more. I enjoyed learning about the world and the history around the world.

The story is told between two characters: Nahri and Ali. It was like you are reading two different stories, as they really do not collide until almost 300 pages when Nahri finally makes it to the city. However; I found both POV interesting. There was action on both sides to keep your interest. So much happened with nothing happening at all (if you read this you will understand). I had a few people ask me what this was about, and it was really hard to say as there was individual things happening but I was not sure how they were all going to come together. There was not a solid plot for the first 300 pages, so that maybe something you want to consider when going into this. It still worked for me though.

Overall, this was something I would not think was for me at all and I ended up really liking it. I am happy to have the second book on half so I can continue with the series.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment