Saturday, February 16, 2019

Frostblood by Elly Blake

Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1)Frostblood by Elly Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars
I received Frostblood in a book box so long ago. There are actually two more books in the series already out, that is how long it has been on my shelves. I decided it was time to give it a try or to get rid of it. I am glad I gave it a go.

Chapter one caught my interest right away. This may have been one of the best first chapters for fantasy that I have read to peak my interest. I wanted to know what happened next. Since I am not normally one to love fantasy, I appreciated the simplicity of the world. I never felt lost or confused around the characters or the plot. It was all pretty straight forward.

This did slow down a little when Ruby was training, but it moved along pretty fast after that. I have liked to see a little more with the romance between Ruby and Arcus, but that maybe the romance lover in me. I did not always buy into the romance, but loved the connection that was building between the two.

Overall, I enjoyed this more than I thought, and I plan to continue with the series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment