Thursday, November 1, 2018

Snowfall on Lighthouse Lane by JoAnn Ross: Review

Snowfall on Lighthouse Lane (Honeymoon Harbor, #2)Snowfall on Lighthouse Lane by JoAnn Ross
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Snowfall on Lighthouse Lane is the second book in the Honeymoon Harbor series. However; this can be read as a standalone. I did not previously read the first book, and had no issues jumping into the story.

I am not really sure why, but this was a slow start for me. I picked this up and put it down several times before actually jumping in. I think I read over the first chapter three different times. I liked the beginning, but I was not loving it. I liked enough to want to read more and I am happy to have finished the story following Jolene and Aiden. I was finally in the mood for a holiday read, and this was the perfect book to jump into the holiday season.

It is no secret that I love a good second chance romance, and I loved how Jolene and Aiden come back together after so many years. Aiden is also a Marine which is another thing I love about a story. I loved the plot surrounding our characters and the direction the story took as I continued to read. I do feel there was some pacing issues and I found myself wanting to skip ahead on some parts.

Overall, an enjoyable read. I look forward to checking out more from the author in the future.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment