Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Lying Out LoudLying Out Loud by Kody Keplinger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


When I read The DUFF, I was shocked how much I liked it, so I wanted to try some more of the books by the author. Lying Out Loud has been on my shelves forever, and I decided it was time to give it a try.

I was instantly brought into the story with Amy and Sonny. I was laughing and smiling within the first few pages and I was just instantly brought into their stories. This does deal with friendship, loss, abandonment, and teenage love. Sonny is also dealing with several series issues within her own family life. These issues brought the emotional touch to the story as well.

Yes, this is YA. Yes, it was predictable, and yes, it was not anything that will blow you away. But, it was also just a fun and quick read. I loved it. It was exactly what I needed right now. I again was pleasantly surprised with this one and look forward to reading more from Kody Keplinger.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment