Sunday, September 9, 2018

White As Silence, Red As Song by Alessandro D'Avenia: Review

I was sent this book from BookLook.  My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review. 

Synopsis:

"Hailed as Italy’s The Fault in Our Stars, this Italian bestseller is now available for the first time in English.

“I was born on the first day of school, and I grew up and old in just two hundred days . . .”

Sixteen-year-old Leo has a way with words, but he doesn’t know it yet. He spends his time texting, polishing soccer maneuvers, and killing time with Niko and Silvia. Until a new teacher arrives and challenges him to give voice to his dreams.

And so Leo is inspired to win over the red-haired beauty Beatrice. She doesn’t know Leo exists, but he’s convinced that his dream will come true. When Leo lands in the hospital and learns that Beatrice has been admitted too, his mission to be there for her will send him on a thrilling but heartbreaking journey. He wants to help her but doesn’t know how—and his dream of love will force him to grow up fast.

MY REVIEW:
My Rating: 2 Stars
Format: Hardback/Audio

When I saw this, I was immediately taken in by the cover and title.  I wanted to know more, so I started to look at the synopsis and a few other reviews.  Reviews seemed to be hit or miss, but I still wanted to give it a chance especially when I saw this compared to The Fault In Our Stars.
As I was waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail, I was lucky enough to start this on audiobook.  I was intrigued in the beginning but was just not really connecting with the story.  I decided to put down the audiobook and try again once the physical book made its way to me.  Once it arrived, I picked it up again.  I, again, could not really get into the writing or the story.

Unfortunately, this one just did not work for me. 

Please comment below with any comments and to show your support for Simply Kelina!

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Goodreads

Interested in trying Book of the Month, get a free book when you use my link:
https://www.mybotm.com/7ocba3ckm8syk3xr

No comments:

Post a Comment