Saturday, May 13, 2023

Kagen the Damned by Jonathan Maberry

Kagen the Damned (Kagen the Damned, #1)Kagen the Damned by Jonathan Maberry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am not one to usually grab for Fantasy, but I had this one on my shelf and decided to give it a try. When this started I thought it would be an instant DNF. However; I was done with Part 1 pretty quickly and was wanting to keep going.

This does have several triggers for death and murder of innocent people, women, and children. It also deals with rape and other horrible things to these same groups.

I really enjoyed part 1, but then this started to slow down for me. I was not loving part 2 or 3 as it was very repetitive with nothing new really happening. However; I also could not put it down. I ended up skimming some of these sections though to move along.

Overall, I did enjoy this more than I thought. It is more a 2 star overall, but since I am not a fantasy person and it kept me wanting to read I am bumping it up a star.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment